Red Jackfruit is an evergreen tree mostly cultivated throughout tropical regions. It is found in Thailand and known by many names like Deang Surya, Thailand Red, Red Jack, etc..
How does it taste?
- The fruits have reddish-orange flesh and an attractive aroma.
- It is intensely sweet with very low latex content.
- It offers a high yield and the fruit weighs up to 10 Kg.
- Water permeable soil and moderate sunlight are ideal for cultivating this variety.
- Budded saplings are best for cultivating Red Jack trees.
- It bears fruit within 3-4 years.
- It is ideal for growing on house compounds and in orchards.
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps in type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that is essential for a healthy immune system.
It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.