Neem cake or vepin punnaku is the de-oiled residue that can be used after Neem kernels are crushed for their oil. In this seed kernel are nutrients like NPK ((nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium) as well as nortriterpenoids and isoprenoids.
- It reduces alkalinity in soil, as it produces organic acids on decomposition.
- Being natural, it is compatible with soil microbes and rhizosphere microflora and ensures the fertility of the soil
- Neem cake organic manure protects plant roots from nematodes, soil grubs and termites probably due to its residual limonoid content
- Neem cake is effective in the management of insects and pests
- The bitter principles of the soil and cake have been reported to have several types of activities like repellent , insecticide , anitifungal etc
- It can be used for all kinds of plants
- Plough the soil around the base of the plant
- add 1 to 2 table spoon of the fertilizer
- mix the soil well
- cover the fertilizer with mud
- water the plant 1 hour after
1 heaping tablespoon per plant
There are no reviews yet.