Sidhu jackfruit is a famous, highly nutritious jackfruit variety from Karnataka. It is highly suitable for homesteads and commercial cultivation. The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi awarded Siddu as the best jackfruit variety in India.
How does Sidhu Jack taste?
- The fruit is sweet, firm, and has a pleasant aroma.
- The flake is coppery red in color.
- The weight of fruit is around 2-5 Kg.
- Each fruit contains 25-30 bulbs.
Characteristics Of Sidhu Jack
- The shape of the tree is broadly pyramidal and it is classified under small-sized fruits.
- The estimated yield is around 1098 Kg per tree.
Health Benefits of Sidhu Jack
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps in type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that are essential for a healthy immune system.
- It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.
Learn how to plant a Jackfruit budded sapling, Also its Fertilization & Care