Ayur Jack is a famous jackfruit variety of Kerala. Ayur Jack bears the sweet ‘Varikka’ variety of jackfruit in just one-and-a-half years under proper care.
How does it taste?
- The fruit is very sweet and fleshy.
- One jackfruit weighs around 5-12 Kg.
- It has a smaller number of seeds.
- Ayur Jack gives fruits throughout the year if properly maintained.
- The leaves are big, thick, and dark green.
- The trees grow hardly seven to eight feet high.
- It can be grown easily in drums and containers.
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps in type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that are essential for a healthy immune system.
It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.