Sindoor, also known as Sindoor Varikka in Kerala, is popular for its orange-colored flesh.
How does Sindoor Jack taste?
- The fruit is intensely sweet and has a pleasant aroma.
- The flesh is orange in color and firm.
- Fruit varies in size from 3 – 30 kg and has an oblong or round shape.
- Each fruit measures between 10 cm- 60 cm in length and 2.5 cm – 7.5 cm in diameter.
Characteristics of Sindoor Jack
- Each tree bears as many as 250 large fruits.
- The tree will bear fruit within 1-2 years of planting.
- It can be grown on larges sized drums or containers on the terrace.
Health Benefits of Sindoor Jack
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps in type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that is essential for a healthy immune system.
- It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.
Read the below article to understand the scientific ways of planting a budded Jackfruit sapling, Also its Fertilization & Care