Malaysian J-33 variety is probably one of the jackfruits with the shortest gestation period. This variety is also known as ‘Tekam yellow’ and it starts yielding fruits just eighteen months after planting.
How does it taste?
- The fruit is very sweet. In fact, the sweetest variety of all jackfruits.
- The latex content is low.
- The fruit is crunchy and aromatic.
- Each fruit weighs around 20-25 Kg.
- A tree takes 8-10 years for maturation.
- It has a life span of 60 years.
- A tree will give an average of 200 Kg of fruit per year.
- The blooming season is between February and July.
- A rich source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, and some other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jackfruit seeds may help reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- Raw jackfruit helps in type 2 diabetes.
- Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, that are essential for a healthy immune system.
- It contains substances with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that may also help promote wound healing.