Common Name: Math, Choulai, Amaranthus, Chavleri, Dantu, Mullu Keerai, Padpae, Thotakoora, Bhajji
Scientific Name: Amaranthus viridis
Amaranthus viridis is a cosmopolitan species in the botanical family Amaranthaceae and is commonly known as slender amaranth or green amaranth. Amaranthus is one of the most popular leafy vegetables in India. Grow fresh best Vegetable at your place using Amaranthus seeds. It has rapid growth,quick rejuvenation after each harvesting and high nutritive value. It is used for garnishing dishes due to its vibrant red color.
- Amaranth is a plant seed, oil, and leaf are used as food.
- The entire plant is used to make medicine.
- Amaranth is used for ulcers, diarrhea, swelling of the mouth or throat, and high cholesterol, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.
- Amaranth can tolerate full sunlight as well as partial sunlight.
- Watering should be done when the soil feels dry.
- Water your Amaranth container every day in the form of the light shower by using a watering can.
- Pinching should be done at first blooming to encourage the vegetative growth.
- Light water should be given after sowing.
- Transplant 20 to 30 days old seedling in shallow trenches or pot.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged seedlings from container.