Coco peat is a growing medium and normally used for soil amendments. It’s made from the husks of coconuts.
- It’s used much like sphagnum peat in garden applications. It increases water retention, aeration and provides antifungal benefits when used alone or incorporated into the soil as an ingredient.
- Cocopeat is an excellent growing medium for home & lawn garden plants.It improves aeration in the soil for optimal root growth while maintaining the ideal nutrient availability for plants.
- It also helps in loosening the heavy soil and enhances the water retention capacity.
- Coco peat increases the porosity of the potting mix.
- This helps to keep the soil loose and airy helping in better root growth. Better root growth results in better plant growth and higher yield.
- Coco peat increases the water holding capacity of the potting mix even as it increases the porosity of the soil